Automated testing tool owns a significant place in the software testing territory, for the reason that they allow testers to check the functionality and usability of the developed software without human hindrance. Furthermore , If you take a wider look on this matter higher production rates, better product quality, Trimming time , Superior maintenance, Cost cutback , Comfortable working environment , Reusability , Easy bug detection and reporting and faster release of the product are some of the advantages appreciated by the users of the tool for steady Return on Investment (ROI). But the attainment depends on the right selection of the tool which possess easy- to- operate features that zeroes the workload in no time with exceptional quality.
Several factors affect the ROI calculation on test automation, it is always better to introduce efficient testing automation tools that utilizes better time saving and reporting mechanisms.
AscentialTest tool can return multiples of the amount of time, money and effort invested!!
Productivity and Maintenance are always wreathed by great control over time , cost , power and quality. AscentialTest is an all-inclusive tool for software testing for developing manual and automated tests and managing the testing process. The master builder of the tool, having the right knowledge about the cost of maintenance that erodes the return on investment in test automation has given it the highest priority in the product’s design. The step-based approach allows the testing staff to create durable tests that are as easy to maintain as they are to create. By eliminating the need to build a costly test framework, AscentialTest reduces the level of effort, increases productivity and lowers the cost of software testing.
AscentialTest increases the productivity of testing teams in three ways
- Accessibility – AscentialTest does not require programming skills to develop effective, highly maintainable tests, allowing all team members to participate in the test development process.
- Level of Effort – The Step-Builder combines the ease of use of a recorder with the flexibility of hand-scripted tests. Steps are built in a drag and drop interface which is significantly faster than recording or scripting.
- Reuse – Test components are reusable, meaning there is less to create and maintain:
- Object – application objects are defined once in a central location which insulates tests from future changes in the GUI of the target application.
- Steps – steps group actions together so that they can be reused to create an unlimited number of tests. Duplication is eliminated.
- Tests – tests are built quickly and easily in a drag and drop environment from reusable steps.
- Test Data –data tables are automatically generated and integrated with tests based on test data requirements. Data tables can be used to support any number of tests.
First – rate Maintenance
Test maintenance is the most important consideration when selecting a testing tool. AscentialTest was designed to minimize the level of effort to keep tests up to date as the target application changes over the product life cycle.
- Step-based approach – If the application under test changes, the user makes a single change to a step and all the tests that use that step are automatically updated.
- Object definitions – By capturing and defining objects in a central location, maintenance is kept to a minimum when there are changes in the target application’s GUI.
Return On Investment
Calculating Return on Investment (ROI) in terms of how much cost is reduced is specific to the organization and the project. Our customers have reported saving on an average of 30-40% of the costs of developing tests with AscentialTest as compared with other tools that they have used. They have also told us that when it comes to maintaining their tests, the savings is much greater, approaching 70% because of the abstraction and encapsulation that is built into AscentialTest’s design. Customers have also found that AscentialTest increases the throughput of test execution by as much as 11 times. Not only does AscentialTest run against applications faster than other tools but it also provides the ability to distribute tests across an array of physical and/or virtual machines, significantly reducing the amount of time that it takes to complete testing cycles.
Contact us for our Customer Case study give a link to mail