ROI Can Be Generated Within A Year Using AscentialTest Automation Tool
The general perception about ROI is, like, when we invest in some business, we expect to capitalize more than we paid for it. The real advantage of Return on Investment stretches a long way beyond money. The actual skill is to know how to estimate the amount that you will receive against your investment.To understand more about the Topic ,
Let’s analyse ROI with respect to Open source / Commercial / Ascentialtest automation tools in the market.
WHEN TEST AUTOMATION PICKS FREE OPEN SOURCE TOOL
First, let’s list the immediate requirements to be aware of
- Strong Knowledge on Installation and Environment Set up
- Proficiency on dependency software’s and plugins
- Highly skilled / experienced work force on particular language becomes mandatory
- Developing a test framework is an expensive and time-consuming task. Custom code must be written to integrate open source tools with CI solutions like Jenkins and to generate and email reports. In some cases utilities must be written to support interaction with odbc, xml and other interfaces. Only after the completion of a stable framework, can the actual test development begin.
- Open source tools do not provide adequate support for custom and dynamic objects. Costly workarounds are required which my take weeks to implement. In some cases, test coverage will be limited because a custom solution is not feasible.
Second, once the above requisites are established , It may take a year or more to develop a regression suite / Smoke suite, which demonstrates that ROI gets generated only in the following year.